Trish Summerville, Catching Fire costume designer, on Josh & Jennifer’s chemistry on and off screen
This is a long and interesting interview of Josh for “Cinemaniac” (french mag)
This isn’t a full translation but interesting points (thanks again Cecile for the correction) :
Playing Peeta taught Josh that celebrity helps to send messages about existing problems (discrimination, homophobia, …)
He loved filming the forcefield scene because he was able to do his own stunts
Shooting a scene where he had to kill someone was really hard emotionnally… and weird. Because it looks very real.
Between 2 scenes, he relaxed and joked with Jennifer.
He loves Jennifer because she stays herself no matter what, she’s down-to-earth, and he thinks she is a good example for young girls. He admires her.
It’s his mom who told him to introduce himself to Jennifer at the SAG Awards. It’s there she told him about the article about him in a newspaper when she was in New-York. He loves having this Kentucky small-towns connexion to her.
They are really close, they talk all the time, try to see each other but she is busy, and he is often absent. (Someone says Spain ? *cough*)
In Catching Fire, regarding the love triangle (brrr), he said that Gale isn’t really understanding: he wants Katniss to be like him, to want to fight, and start the rebelion… But Peeta is more understanding, he knows it’s not something that should be said to her in that way. This difference between them is more evident in Mockingjay.
The 2nd book is his favorite because the fire and the anger amplifie to the point of launching a revolution.
(The interviewer talks about the critique of our society and politics in The Hunger Games, and asks Josh what he thinks about it): he doesn’t feel it’s the only goal of the books, it’s just one one them. He thinks it’s more about “taking a step back” and reconsider the world we live in and realize that our decisions can have harmful consequences in the futur. The Hunger Games shows us our obsession with reality shows, which are becoming more and more dangerous for human well-being and alerts us about our government’s power.
But the most important for Josh is the following: the people standing up against oppression (he takes the Egyptian revolution as an example)
If he had to fight too, It would be for equals rights. The interviewer told him about a teacher who was fired from a catholic school where he worked because he was gay in Los Angeles. Josh thinks is stupid, if Jesus was here today, his message would be love, no matter with who, the male/female couple principle is just for proliferation, but today there are enough humans, maybe too much, so maybe more homosexuals couples would be a good thing, orphans could find more homes. Homosexual couples must have access to an easier adoption process.
Josh says that talking about his convictions is the best part of celebrity for him, and acting is a selfish pleasure. (not selfish man… We love your job !)
The inconvenience is that a lot of people know about his life, and it’s weird,
The spinning Cornucopia was one of the hardest scenes to shoot because it really spins!
Music: Josh listens Foals, Alt-J, the Doors, Led Zeppelin, The Lumineers, The Avett Brothers, rock, hip-hop, electronic music…
He plays some guitar (Aaaaah) (but never took lessons, and he brings a guitar on set), and he loves playing piano if he has time… and enough patience!
He said he should start filming Mockiongjay mid-october, (okay now It’s december) he doesn’t diet, does a lot sports (jogging), He has to gain corpulence for Mockingjay.
Mockingjay shooting plan: starts at the end of september and goes on till the end of october, then CF promo during november and shooting starts again from december till june !
Scans take here
Translation by me.
Krakow, Poland (by *CezCze* )
So, we’ve decided to run SS a little differently than last year. We have discussed this at length, spoken about what worked and didn’t work from the year before, and settled on doing an “Angel Tree”-like setup. What this means, is, that the recipient of the fic will remain a mystery to the author until the time of reveal, therefore, no one can request an author or a recipient specifically, and the admins will not be responsible for assigning the stories.
Here’s how this will go down:
- If you would like to participate, please fill out the Application and submit it to us. Here, you can list the specifics of what you would like to see in your fic. Rating, pairing, synopsis, etc. Note: DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU PLAN ON PARTICIPATING BY ALSO WRITING A FIC FOR SOMEONE ELSE. We need to have an even number to work this out.
- We will post all the requests anonymously on a page, then draw all of the authors’ names at random to establish a selection order in which they will be able to pick which synopsis they would like to write. This will hopefully eliminate anyone ending up with something they are uncomfortable with, but we may need to trade around if someone does indeed get left with a plot/paring/rating they prefer not to write. We will mark which synopsis have been chosen as we go along. Once the drawing order is determined, that is the order we will go in–just like a real Secret Santa exchange. I will literally pick the author’s usernames out of a hat to ensure total randomization.
- We will post ALL of the fics on the SAME day. The frequency by which the stories are posted will be spaced out according to the number of entries. The following day, the author and recipient will be revealed, thus giving the recipient 24 hours prior to try and figure out who wrote their story and vice versa.
A few things:
- This is a holiday gift for someone. It is important to stay in the spirit of the season and try to accommodate that person’s requests when writing your fic. All entries will be reviewed before posting and it is up to the administrator’s discretion if they feel your entry might be inappropriate given the receiver’s request.
- If you have an editor, we ask that you use them. If not, Sheryl will be available to review for spelling and grammar.
- All pairings (Joshifer, Hutcherflin, Josh/OC, etc) and ratings (G to NC-17) are welcome. If there is anything you do NOT want, fill out the “hard limit” line so that an author knows that.
- The story does not have to be Christmas themed.
- All writers, both experienced and novice, are invited to participate. This exchange is open to EVERYONE who would like to give it a go.
- The only thing we ask is that it obviously include Josh. This is an RPF exchange.
- The fic should be considered as a one-shot. 5 pages maximum when writing. No characters or incarnations of Josh from existing stories should be used.
- As to keep things fair, neither administrator will be participating.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, DECEMBER 9TH
- DRAWING ORDER WILL TAKE PLACE ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10TH
- SELECTION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, DECEMBER 12TH
- FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, DECEMBER 22ND
- ALL FICS POSTED: MONDAY, DECEMBER 23RD
- REVEAL: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 24TH
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to send in an ask.
Please reblog to help spread the word, and follow this blog for more updates!
- JHFSS Admins
i have this problem where i don’t have enough time to actually do things because i’m too busy sitting on my ass doing nothing